Here I go again.

Heading out for a single hot lap ON YOUR OWN? Let us know about it.
phil t.
AFM Racer
Your Ride: xt2 1/4, xr650l,Big Vee(totaled),Super Tenere

Here I go again.

Postby phil t. » June 3rd, 2016, 8:57 pm

Heading out early, 0800am.
Starting at the 7-11 at Yolanda and Santa Rosa Av.Fueling up and coffee(there's a *$ there).
Going to haul ass and slab it to Placerville for Breakfast.
From there I'll head for the hills. Up Newton rd, Pleasant Valley rd,Sly Park rd, and a right turn on Hwy 50 to Ice House rd.
Turn west at Wentworth Springs rd to Quintette, where the adventure begins.
I'll be heading into the backcountry (maybe) looking for University falls. A group of granite pools along Pilot Creek.
Blodgett rd, loop rd,and Pilot Creek rd(dirt).
Hope I can find this place. I heard it's pretty amazing. It maybe closed due to over use.(garbage)
After that I'll ride into Georgetown and down HWY 193 to Cool and Hwy 49 to Old Foresthill rd to Foresthill and down Yankee Jim rd (dirt)
to the river(one of my favorite swimming holes).Then a stop in Auburn for a shake at the Foster Freeze before slabbing it home.
Another long day in the saddle. 2-2.5 hrs to Placerville, about 4-5 hrs in the hills, and 2.5 hrs home.
Meet me if you dare. A "whole" lotta fun rds. I'll be cruzin. HaHa. Lowrider don't you know.

phil t.
AFM Racer
Your Ride: xt2 1/4, xr650l,Big Vee(totaled),Super Tenere

Re: Here I go again.

Postby phil t. » June 4th, 2016, 10:32 pm

WOW! Fabulous day for a ride. Blazing hot but no sunburn, thanks to the overcast skies.
Never did find my way to University Falls but the water at Yankee Jims was really cold.
Stops at Loon Lake and Uncle Tom's Cabin on the way to Georgetown.
Was a shame to see what the fire did around Stumpy Meadows. Great to see all the lakes full.
Great day,great loop.

Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Re: Here I go again.

Postby Jim » June 5th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Very cool! Nice that you have the time and means to enjoy the great land of ours.
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

Return to “Qualifying Lap”