Warm Inner Suit Suggestions

Here's where you post product reviews, suggestions and inquiries
motomanfan
Supporting Member
Your Ride: 10' KTM 990 SMT, 07' H.D. Street Glide

Warm Inner Suit Suggestions

Postby motomanfan » December 8th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Got the one piece leather suit a few weeks ago (thanks for your suggestions and tips). But I am now learning that I need something windproof and warm to wear under it right now. I threw on a fleece sweater and cotton long johns for yesterdays ride thinking that would be enough. But the suit is perforated from above the knees and up. I FROZE my ARSE off! I'm seeing some inner suits online that go for 135 and up. Are there any other products/fabrics that you guys have found to work well other than the suits? Where did you get it? 1. I dont want to spend another 135 bucks right now and am hoping for a less expensive route. 2. I HATE buying crap off the internet that I cant try on. The local shops dont have any to try on. What do you guys use??

pavement boy
Squid
Your Ride: Working on it ;-)

Re: Warm Inner Suit Suggestions

Postby pavement boy » December 8th, 2011, 7:51 pm

:goodpost:

You guys that ride in the friggin' cold are just fookin' weird! :dana:

Trust me when I tell you, in the heat of the summer (or Thunderhill) you'll be loving those perforations. I've never worn.... crap!! Who am I right now? :wtf: Oh well, where was I. I've never worn an under suit but I think that the under shirts that a lot of people where to the track seem to really help. You can spend like $40+ getting something that has an A and a star on it or get the same thing at Target or Walmart for about $10.

As for the pants, I use the pair that I bought for riding the mountain bike, seems to be about the same material. Chris has worn a windbreaker on the outside and helped a lot. I know a sweatshirt will help too. You're really just concerned about your torso and not so much your upper legs.

motomanfan
Supporting Member

Postby motomanfan » December 9th, 2011, 10:25 am

I tried the fleece sweatshirt and cotton long johns. Not wind resistant enough to keep me warm. I checked out Target and more of the same. The under shirts and shorts that the guys wear under their suits like Body Armor etc. is more for staying cool and not sticking to the suit from what I can see. I'm gonna try removing the liner from another riding jacket and see if I can squeeze it into my suit. That will have better wind resistance. Doubt theres room, though. Still need something for the legs. Just curious if someone has found a good alternative to the more expensive inner suits.

Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Postby Jim » December 9th, 2011, 5:05 pm

motomanfan wrote:... I'm gonna try removing the liner from another riding jacket ...

GOod idea. Somewhere I have the rain liner from my jacket that I removed when I brought it home and never looked at it again. It fit right on you, not like a wind breaker but kind of the same material. If I can find it, and you want it, you can try it and have it.
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

motomanfan
Supporting Member

Postby motomanfan » December 9th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Jim wrote:
motomanfan wrote:... I'm gonna try removing the liner from another riding jacket ...

GOod idea. Somewhere I have the rain liner from my jacket that I removed when I brought it home and never looked at it again. It fit right on you, not like a wind breaker but kind of the same material. If I can find it, and you want it, you can try it and have it.

You ROCK Jim :music-rockout:

I found these and the reviews are great. Got top and bottom. Cant beat the price. Got em' ordered up and they should be here mid week. If these dont do the trick, I'll let you know..

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/lo ... web1008475

Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Postby Jim » December 9th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Damn for $20 you can't go wrong. We'll be looking for a write up if they work out :whistle:
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

Return to “In The Cabinet”