Willow Creek/Weaverville, Trinity Alps Ride, 2013

Here is where the events are posted. BBQs, gatherings, meets, etc
Toneman
Global Moderater
Your Ride: Street Ape, Dirt Katoom

Re: Willow Creek/Weaverville, Trinity Alps Ride, 2013

Postby Toneman » June 23rd, 2013, 6:15 pm

Lucifuhrman wrote:Well, Jim, judging by the wear pattern on the carcass of that thing, I'd say you've got it under-inflated and it it's not getting warm enough to work properly

Surprised to see the standing up to do that!! :grin:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Proud Member of the "Get the F*&k off of my Lawn Gang"
All American Cultural Icon
Award winning motorcyclist

Lucifuhrman
AMA Racer
Your Ride: '12 Ducati Multistrada

Postby Lucifuhrman » June 23rd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Toneman wrote:Can't see it!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have no idea, apparently, on how to link a an album on photobucket. Spent ten min navigating their website and google searching on how to do it and still no luck. Anyone know how I get the pix posted here?

quietman
B Group Rider
Your Ride: KTM 990 SMT 2009 DRZ400SM/2008 Ninja 250

Postby quietman » June 23rd, 2013, 6:30 pm

Great ride this weekend!! thanks everybody for making it a fun time.

Hope your feeling ok David. let me know if you need anything.
AFM #667
Thanks to those who support my racing: Bell Helmets, Shoria Batteries, Dave Moss tuning, Replayxd, Lucas oil, AXO, Matrix concepts,Yoshimura Exhaust, Bridgstone tires

bluethunder
AMA Racer
Your Ride: 04 Yamaha wr450f 08 aprilia Tuono 2010 Ducati Multistrada

Postby bluethunder » June 23rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Great turnout,fun times hangin'out and rideing with everyone.Was just a highlight off the year as always!!It was great to meet some new folks!! :hutch:
The only sounds I hear are those from a well tuned motor,the only sensations I feel are those from twisting the throttle
2004 YAMAHA WR450
2008 APRILIA TUONO
2010 DUCATI MULTISTRADA

Sir Crashalot
B Group Rider
Your Ride: 2007 RSV 1000 R, 2012 Super Tenere & 2006 FZ1

Postby Sir Crashalot » June 23rd, 2013, 6:44 pm

Thanks a lot SCAMers !I can't imagine a better riding experience than that. Great hanging out with y'all too. I'm ready to book my room for next year already.
Smash bugs. Drink beers.

davidro
A Group Rider

Postby davidro » June 23rd, 2013, 7:46 pm

quietman wrote:Great ride this weekend!! thanks everybody for making it a fun time.

Hope your feeling ok David. let me know if you need anything.

Thanks Steve, and thanks to Randall, Jim, Phil, and Colleen and everyone for showing concern. Randall and Phil I owe you guys something.

Jeff, I hope all went okay with Jim meeting up with you. I took care of Jim, so the special trip back didn't cost him anything out of pocket.

I hope to get in to the Dr's office tomorrow, I'll report back what the prognosis is.

Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Postby Jim » June 23rd, 2013, 8:13 pm

Well, not the greatest WCR I've been on :whistle: but I'd like to send out a few special thanks.

First to Jim, Jeff's brother, for chasing the group with the trailer. I didn't think it would be needed but we all know how that worked out. :doh:

Then for Colleen and Tony. She took Saturday off from riding and therefore Tony rode her bike and he let me ride his.

Dave, I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Your bike is safe and sound in my garage. Rides fine however while riding in the less than stellar weather it seemed to look like it might be possible that a fork tube may have slightly spun in the triple. You're going to want to loosen them and release any tension that might be on them. Front nose mount is a little tweaked and you know about the rear peg/brake lever. Everything else seems to be fine. :dance:
I'm pretty impressed on the power of the SV and the transitions between on and off the throttle is really smooth. Friggin' twins have a lot of engine braking. Hardly used them on 3/36 on the way to 5.

One note. Going over the mountain in the rain at about 25-30 near the summit, it started to have some issue, felt like opening and shutting the throttle over and over when it should have been neutral throttle, and it ended up running on what felt like one cylinder with a muted exhaust. It all seem to clear up once we lowered our altitude. Maybe something with a sensor or something got wet. Just glad it didn't croak 60 miles from anything. :shifty:
Either way, runs great and rides fine. When Jeff gets back I'll try to drop it off when I go to get my GSXR paper weight.
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

canyonrat
Squid

Postby canyonrat » June 23rd, 2013, 8:15 pm

Welcome home everyone! Glad to hear you had a great ride. The BARF ride was awesome too!
I arise from the ashes of NBSR

Toneman
Global Moderater
Your Ride: Street Ape, Dirt Katoom

Postby Toneman » June 23rd, 2013, 9:03 pm

A few random thoughts, in no particular order:

Northern California rednecks in pick up trucks can REALLY haul ass!!

A stranger is just a friend that I haven't met. Saw so many new faces......and they were cool as hell! George on his NC700 could really move! Funny guy, too! Rob, on the F800RSTGS3XEFR....something or another.......class dude!

There were many Jims, Jeffs, and Mikes........

Great to see some old timers: Sam, Danny, Deny, BDB, Spike, etc.....

Lastly, I see this group stepping out of the shadows of NBSR and creating it's own identity. Guys like Andy and Joe Smith are new to the party, yet fit in so well...it's like they've been here all along.

Now, if we could just figure out how to get rid of that Terry fella.....
Proud Member of the "Get the F*&k off of my Lawn Gang"
All American Cultural Icon
Award winning motorcyclist

Lion-O
Squid

Postby Lion-O » June 23rd, 2013, 10:33 pm

Jim, the chase driver deserves special thanks for recovering the wounded, man and machines alike. He's a hero. :clap:

Hope you heal up quick and sound Dave. 8-)

I had a pile of fun, thanks for having me.

Jim

Return to “The Event Program”