Willow Creek/Weaverville, Trinity Alps Ride, 2013

Here is where the events are posted. BBQs, gatherings, meets, etc
Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Re: Willow Creek/Weaverville, Trinity Alps Ride, 2013

Postby Jim » June 26th, 2013, 7:05 am

The Stormtrooper wrote:Hey everybody, I passed my background check! (Luckily, no 10 day waiting period too..)

I just wanted to say that I had a great time and it was really cool how welcoming everyone was to the newbie. As some of you found out, other than a summer I spent riding my buddy's Kawi ZX10 Ninja 1000 back in high school (great starter bike by the way, I seem to recall it being able to do 60 MPH in 1st :doh:) I've only been riding since last September. I bought a 1991 Kawi Ninja EX500 and rode it long enough to figure out I was hooked. I bought my Bimmer in February and never looked back.

Again, I really enjoyed meeting you all, what a great group of guys (and gals!!). I learned a lot on this on ride and I appreciated the advice (thanks George!). I'm glad to be on SCAM now and I look forward to riding with all of you again soon!!

Rob

LOL
My bike (not the one with the frontal lobotomy) is geared for 110 in first....stock! :doh:
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

phil t.
AFM Racer
Your Ride: xt2 1/4, xr650l,Big Vee(totaled),Super Tenere

Postby phil t. » June 26th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Great ride everybody. Came back early cause camping in the rain for 3 days just ain't happenin'
You don't owe me anything Dave. Just remember to do for others as you would have done for you.
We all need a little looking after once in a while.

dravnx
AFM Racer
Your Ride: Well farkled '12 DL650A

Postby dravnx » June 26th, 2013, 2:07 pm

I too want to echo Rob's comments. I had a great weekend with a great group, really appreciated the patience shown to this noob, learned a huge amount about my bike and my riding abilities (or lack thereof) and look forward to future rides.
Jeff the smoked fish guy.

bluethunder
AMA Racer
Your Ride: 04 Yamaha wr450f 08 aprilia Tuono 2010 Ducati Multistrada

Postby bluethunder » June 26th, 2013, 6:21 pm

It was great eatin' your fish..D'ho..I mean talkin' with you!!You keep bringing that smoke Tuna and we'll make you the ring leader!!!!!!!!!!!! :hutch: Thanks for that :clap:
The only sounds I hear are those from a well tuned motor,the only sensations I feel are those from twisting the throttle
2004 YAMAHA WR450
2008 APRILIA TUONO
2010 DUCATI MULTISTRADA

Hutch
Founding Member
Your Ride: 04 Gsxr 750, 06 BMW R1200RT

Postby Hutch » June 26th, 2013, 7:03 pm

The Stormtrooper wrote:Hey everybody, I passed my background check! (Luckily, no 10 day waiting period too..)

I just wanted to say that I had a great time and it was really cool how welcoming everyone was to the newbie. As some of you found out, other than a summer I spent riding my buddy's Kawi ZX10 Ninja 1000 back in high school (great starter bike by the way, I seem to recall it being able to do 60 MPH in 1st :doh:) I've only been riding since last September. I bought a 1991 Kawi Ninja EX500 and rode it long enough to figure out I was hooked. I bought my Bimmer in February and never looked back.

Again, I really enjoyed meeting you all, what a great group of guys (and gals!!). I learned a lot on this on ride and I appreciated the advice (thanks George!). I'm glad to be on SCAM now and I look forward to riding with all of you again soon!!

Rob

Welcome Brotha!! :D
Chris...

-"You live more in five minutes flat-out on a bike like this than most people do in a lifetime". (Burt Munro- Referring to his record setting Indian Racebike).
-"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". (Edmund Burke)

Hutch
Founding Member

Postby Hutch » June 26th, 2013, 7:09 pm

dravnx wrote:I too want to echo Rob's comments. I had a great weekend with a great group, really appreciated the patience shown to this noob, learned a huge amount about my bike and my riding abilities (or lack thereof) and look forward to future rides.
Jeff the smoked fish guy.

Great meeting you man and glad your here! :good:
Chris...

-"You live more in five minutes flat-out on a bike like this than most people do in a lifetime". (Burt Munro- Referring to his record setting Indian Racebike).
-"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". (Edmund Burke)

Bird Man
Squid
Your Ride: Yamaha Tenere 1200

Postby Bird Man » June 27th, 2013, 10:31 am

Guys this is Joe Smith on the Super Tenere 1200. I have been telling everyone in my circle of friends that I really don't have words to descibe how incredibly awesome and Epic the Willow Creek ride was and even more so the group of guys that were there to make it all happen. Their is not one part of the week-end from the roads, to the dirt, to dinner and drinks that didn't build on itself. My sincere thanks to everyone, without exception, for making me feel like I've been a SCAM member for years. I am also a much better rider than I was when I started. So many of you gave me tips that by Sunday were sinking in and working for me. You guys are the Best!

Hutch
Founding Member

Postby Hutch » June 27th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Bird Man wrote:Guys this is Joe Smith on the Super Tenere 1200. I have been telling everyone in my circle of friends that I really don't have words to descibe how incredibly awesome and Epic the Willow Creek ride was and even more so the group of guys that were there to make it all happen. Their is not one part of the week-end from the roads, to the dirt, to dinner and drinks that didn't build on itself. My sincere thanks to everyone, without exception, for making me feel like I've been a SCAM member for years. I am also a much better rider than I was when I started. So many of you gave me tips that by Sunday were sinking in and working for me. You guys are the Best!

So glad you made it on the Willow Creek Ride Joe and great to meet you Brotha! I hope to see you again soon out on some rides or at a Bike Night! In the meantime, take care and ride safe. :D
Chris...

Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Postby Jim » June 28th, 2013, 6:34 am

Hutch wrote:
Bird Man wrote:Guys this is Joe Smith on the Super Tenere 1200. I have been telling everyone in my circle of friends that I really don't have words to descibe how incredibly awesome and Epic the Willow Creek ride was and even more so the group of guys that were there to make it all happen. Their is not one part of the week-end from the roads, to the dirt, to dinner and drinks that didn't build on itself. My sincere thanks to everyone, without exception, for making me feel like I've been a SCAM member for years. I am also a much better rider than I was when I started. So many of you gave me tips that by Sunday were sinking in and working for me. You guys are the Best!

So glad you made it on the Willow Creek Ride Joe and great to meet you Brotha! I hope to see you again soon out on some rides or at a Bike Night! In the meantime, take care and ride safe. :D

And that's what it's all about! The essence we're shooting for here. Welcome!
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

Hutch
Founding Member

Postby Hutch » June 28th, 2013, 7:27 am

Jim wrote:
Hutch wrote:

And that's what it's all about! The essence we're shooting for here. Welcome!

Word! :grin:

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Chris...

Return to “The Event Program”