July Sierria foothills and pass ride

Here is where the events are posted. BBQs, gatherings, meets, etc
Randall
AMA Racer
Your Ride: KTM 990 SMR, Husky 450

July Sierria foothills and pass ride

Postby Randall » June 7th, 2016, 7:07 pm

Hi All,

So I know a few folks have been throwing around a sierra passes/foothills ride. I am planning on trying to do this in july or maybe august (depends on the wrist).

DATE: July 29 30 31
Day One, Slab it to Auburn, hit forest hill and onto Mosquito Ridge Rd. to 11 pines, Wentworth Springs Road, south on Mosquito Road, to rock creek, North on Darling ridge into George town, back south on some back roads to Placerville for the night. APX 320 miles and 8-10 hours of riding. this day is alot of back roads and some smaller, less traveled goaty road that are awesome. Link https://goo.gl/maps/EciyotNm1d52

Day Two, The first half of the day is lots of small, short back roads. lots of small loops of great twisties. It's Coon Hollow, Cedar ravine, big bar, grizzly flats, Oma ranch, happy valley. Then cross hwy 88 south to George town https://goo.gl/maps/Ldk5RcUSq8m more small goaty loops. APX 250-300 miles. Stay in Murphy's for the night.

Day Three, head up and over HWY 4, south on 395 and then up and over 108 towards sonora, take big hill rd and work our way back home. https://goo.gl/maps/h4Jme5eaLE62 APX 350 miles, 9 hours of riding.
Last edited by Randall on June 27th, 2016, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motorcycles, Firearms and Pastries....I mean Pussy, the 3 best things in life.

phil t.
AFM Racer
Your Ride: xt2 1/4, xr650l,Big Vee(totaled),Super Tenere

Re: July Sierria foothills and pass ride

Postby phil t. » June 12th, 2016, 11:56 am

Hey Randall,
I ride up there alot and know some of those roads well. If you want we could go over the map. I really like doing Wentworth from the top. Hwy 50 to Riverton,left onto Ice House rd. Run it to Loon Lake(very scenic) and come back to Wentworth Springs.I like taking Eleven Pines from this side but I always take a left at Ramsey's Crossing to go to Benbow Res. and then up to Mosquito rd. You end up with about 12 mi. to Foresthill. If you don't mind a little dirt take Gold rd(Foresthill) to YankeeJim's and ride down to my one of my favorite swimming holes. Worth the effort.
Take a look at Salmon Falls out of Folsom(Hwy 50) to get you to Auburn via Cool and Hwy 49. Coming or going it's fun. Local fast track. Since you're going up or down Hwy 88, Hwy 26 and Shake Ridge are also worth a look. Rather than slabbing it, from Jackson, the Liberty route thru the delta is great way to get home.

LQT SPLT
Supporting Member
Your Ride: Aprilia (SHIFLSS), KTM (OL TBONE), Honda (LQT SPLT)

Postby LQT SPLT » July 29th, 2016, 10:58 am

Those are great roads and I hope you have a marvelous ride! Stay out of the cold rain; :donny:
The Right-lane is the new Fast-lane... Try It,... you'll like it!

Life is like an ice cream cone... you have to learn to lick it!

Jim
Site Admin
Your Ride: '05 GSXR 1000 and '06 GSXR 750, and the Mrs GSXR 600

Postby Jim » September 9th, 2016, 10:41 pm

:seenoevil:
It's about quality, not quantity
Solve 90% of the world's problems, keep your sex, religion, and politics in the bedroom.

Return to “The Event Program”